Academy of European Medieval Martial Arts
Privacy & Security Policy
We at AEMMA are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of individual's or organizations' information to the best of our abilities within the limitations imposed by the relatively unsecured Internet. Through this privacy statement, AEMMA wants to assure you of our commitment.
Our privacy philosophy is based on the concept of fair information practices. This means we provide our associates, affiliates and other relationships with notice of how we manage information so that they can have a more informed understanding of how we operate and of the usage of the information collected.
This privacy statement is intended to inform the users about how we collect, use, share and protect their information on the AEMMA Website. We have established the following principles that govern our information practices:
- If we collect information from or about you or your organization, you will have access to that information prior to it going online for review and acceptance, so that you may review what information had been collected and for what purposes.
- We will provide to you with reasonable options about how the information that you provide us may be used with respect to the presentation of content on the AEMMA Website.
- We will implement certain programming/coding to protect email addresses entered into the AEMMA Website (such as a guestbook entry) for the purpose of reducing the probability of email addresses being harvested by spammers. This coded approach is not absolute, however, AEMMA is confident that the level of protection on email address visible on the web pages is suitable. Should newer and more effective methods be discovered, these will be incorporated into the AEMMA website.
- You understand that the information you provide for online presentation cannot be absolutely secured from unauthorized use by parties external to AEMMA.
- You will have the opportunity to update the information that you have provided to us by contacting an AEMMA representative.
- AEMMA will also take steps to ensure that any updates that are collected are processed in a timely and complete manner.
- Despite AEMMA's security and privacy policies definition and implementation, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while AEMMA strives to protect membership information, AEMMA cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to sanctioned destinations or from our partners, membership and institutions transmitted to AEMMA.
- AEMMA will not sell or rent any of memberships' identifiable information to third parties. AEMMA will not share any of memberships' personally identifiable information with third parties except in the limited circumstances described below, or with the member's express permission:
- AEMMA will disclose information that AEMMA in good faith believe is appropriate to cooperate in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity, or to conduct investigations of violations of AEMMA's security and privacy policies.
- AEMMA disclose information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, levy, attachment, order of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal process, including subpoenas from private parties in a civil action.
Questions and Comments